The priorities for the STAY WYSE Association are to:
- Create a strong profile and representative force that will encompass the needs of all hostel types (small, big, chain, private and not for profit, and HI) and youth accommodation service providers.
- Provide PR and marketing resources to increase and strengthen the profile of the youth travel accommodation industry.
- Offer market and industry intelligence, statistics and analysis.
- Provide networking and trading opportunities for members.
- Maintain a guide to best practice for youth travel accommodation providers and promote leading industry practices.
- Undertake lobbying and representative activities to encourage the development of youth travel accommodation services in countries around the world.
- Work in a consultative relationship with established youth accommodation organisations such as Hostelling International and EUFED to ensure representative consistency
“STAY WYSE is the first industry association to represent the entire global youth accommodation sector including Hostelworld, Hostelbookers and Hostelling International, the rapidly expanding private sector and the independent not-for-profit sector. Our role is to represent the sector to local and national tourist boards, government and city authorities, highlighting the importance of youth accommodation to local and national economies”.
Peter Anwyl, International Students House, UK
Benefits for Youth Travel Accommodation Professionals:
- Access to accurate and reliable industry intelligence
A global network of trading partners across the youth and student travel industry e.g hostels, booking agents, tour operators.
High profile representation of the STAY WYSE community at travel industry events worldwide.
- Maintain a guide to best practice for youth travel accommodation providers
Lobbying of tourism boards and governments to develop opportunities for youth travel accommodation in countries around the world.