Jerusalem provides a unique cultural experience for conference participants to appreciate while visiting. It is the religious epicenter of the world, and has been drawing in millions of faithful pilgrims of Judaism, Christianity and Islam for thousands of years.
The following is a list of some of the topics being covered at this year’s conference:
- Innovative technologies and how to best leverage them at your hostel.
- Hostel events & activities as means of increasing income for your hostel.
- Engaging responsible tourism in hostels.
- “Next generation” hostels: Rebranding the hostel industry.
- Best practices to improve hostel operations.
- Cool trends in online travel and how they impact the hostel industry.
- Updates on the hostel scene from around the world from various hostel owners and managers.
- The importance of staff training and advancement opportunities and career paths in the hostel industry.
- Trends in the regulatory oversight of hostels.
- Overview of the hostel industry in the United States.
- Travel metrics, trends and average bed rates per major city and the importance of data to know where to invest in.
- Overview of the hostel scene in several cities and countries, including New York, Singapore, Athens, Interlaken (Switzerland), Boston, Israel, Amsterdam, and Osnabrück (Germany).
The conference in Jerusalem will be held at the Menachem Begin Heritage Center in the city center on the Hinnom Ridge, facing the Old City walls.
For more information please click here.World Hostel Conference 2012